Greetings 2 all.
As some of you probably now, adobe has released the air2beta2 at their labs, which brings new ablities like:
- Enhanced support for interacting with printers (beta 2)
- Support for TLS/SSL socket communication (beta 2)
- Support for the detection of mass storage devices.
- Advanced networking capabilities like secure sockets, UDP support, and the ability to listen on sockets.
- Support for native code integration.
- The ability to open a file with its default application.
- Multi-touch and gesture support.
- New APIs for access to raw microphone data.
- Webkit update with HTML5/CSS3 support.
- Global error handling.
- Improved cross-platform printing
- Improved security and support for enterprise and government standards.
- Native process support
I’ve spend the whole day yesturday playing with the new api and in order that you not waste your time adjusting the sdk’s, figuring out how to build an exe/dmg file with full sdk support i’ve decided to post a little tutorial here.